The estimated lifespan of a new mobile phone is about 7 years. However, many of us buy a new phone every 18 months or so. For some, it is because a newer model is out and we feel that we must have the latest technology, but for others it is because their phone is damaged and isn’t working as it ought to. Cell phones are no longer as expensive as they used to be – buying a new one will cost as much as a nice meal in a high end restaurant. So why should you even consider phone repair when you can easily buy a new one? There are several reasons:
- It saves you time. Buying a new phone is a time consuming affair. Today there are so many different types of phones available and if you want to get the most value for your money it important to look through the different options and what they offer. This is a process that can take hours. After you buy the phone you also have to transfer all your data, and you will need to get used to it in order to be able to use it properly. If you send your phone in to the right phone repair company you will have it back within a few hours.
- You have no guarantees that your new phone will work as promised. If you look in tech blogs you will find many a conversation about new mobile phones that failed to deliver as promised. One thing you know about your current phone is its capabilities – you know what it can and cannot do. Instead of buying a new one and risking the disappointment you can just repair the one that you have.
- Repairing your phone is much cheaper than buying a new one. True, phones are much more affordable nowadays, but that doesn’t mean that you should replace your mobile just because there is something wrong with it. You can put that money to better use by investing in repairs instead.
- If you are determined to get a new device for yourself there is no reason to toss out your old one. So long as there is nothing very wrong with it you can have it repaired and then give it to someone who could use it. A younger family member, someone in your neighborhood who is less fortunate or even someone in your office who you think could use it.
- Contrary to what many people believe repairing your phone doesn’t cheapen it in any way – it works just as well as it did before and you will get better value for money because it will last a lot longer.
It doesn’t matter whether or not you can afford to buy a new mobile phone. Unless your current one is a total write off you should attempt repairs before you give up on it.